*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My phone runs out of charge incredibly quickly. Even when

Customer Question

My phone runs out of charge incredibly quickly. Even when turned off. Please help.
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Wyatt is the brand/model of your phobia please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
apple - iphone
okay, thank you. how old is the iphone please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
18 months
okay, this sounds like the battery is failing on the iPhone. The best option will be to replace the battery. There are services that will do this for you or you can do it your self if you are comfortable with trying it.Let me know your postal code if you would like for me to locate the nearest repair or if you want to try and do it yourself let me know and I will get that info for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already had a new battery very recently. I was told not to keep it in charge overnight and I have not done over night charging since I got new batt, and still the problem persists.
okay, have you tried a reset of any kind?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what that means
there is a reset settings which only effects the settings it returns the iPhone settings to factory default, there is an erase all content and settings, that returns everything on the iphone to factory defaults. If there is a glitch with the firmware or if an app is draining the battery one of these might work` You can try the settings reset first. Go to settings, then general, then scroll to the bottom and choose reset settings. If you want to try the erase all content, you will need to make sure all of your important content is backed up to iCloud or iTunes first.
did that work for you?Please let me know if you need more help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorted that problem but now the mob keeps going blank in the middle of use... I dial up and it goes black face before connecting.. Never done that before.Rosemary
This could be a glitch in the software and the iPhone needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 30 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons. Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!
Let me know if you need more help please.
Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.Thank you very much!