Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

Can you please tell me why I cannot send emails with my iphone.

Can you please tell me why I cannot send emails with my iphone. I have changed my password ***** morning and it works o.k. on the computer. I gave my mobile number when I made the change. Thankyou
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you hold the home and power buttons on the iPhone for about 10 seconds until the Apple Logo comes on, then release and let the phone restart.
Once it has, tell me if you can then send an email on the phone please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou. What are these buttons. I pressed the one at the bottom and it took me into Siri. So sorry but I am OLD.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the main one is the home button so what brings you home and the other the power button to turn the phone off and on.
All is now working ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou Richard, still does not work
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Did you actually do the instructions I gave you though?
Exactly as I specified and you saw the apple logo come up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Apple logo appears. Can you please specify the buttons. I have 3 on the left of the phone and one on the right plus the round one at the bottom. Thankyou
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, its the big main button on the front of the phone and the one that turns the screen off on the top right.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again Richard. The apple logo appeared ok and the phone restarted. I tried to resend the e mails but it still tells me that the user name or password ***** ***** although I can still send on my computer. I did let BT know my mobile phone number. Can you contact them and ask why it does not work as this is a costly process.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You will need then to do this
Go to Settings, Mail and press on your email account and then press Delete Account.
Once done, go back to Settings, Mail and add your email account back again.
Once done, tell me if you can then send an email please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I delete my email account I also delete my notes which would be a catastrophe
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You would need to copy down your notes then, but you are going to have to do this step.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This will take a little while. I will be with you asap
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Richard I have pressed the delete button. Not happy
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok... well can you complete the rest of my instructions.
I am sorry your so unhappy with me, but I can only tell you what you have to do to fox this..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not unhappy with you, just frustrated that I have had to delete all my notes as well. I need one of my grandchildren here. They would probably do this in a couple of seconds.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, how are you going with adding the email account back to the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is hopeless Richard, Have put in my date which was accepted, tried to send an email and the same message comes up,User name or password ***** ***** I am getting really stressed about this as we are still at square one and I have lost loads of information which I will have to put in again.Shall we call it a day and I will ask Apple for their advice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Date should be data
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought BT could help in a matter of minutes. What is your company's relationship?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You are not doing the instructions I asked as if you were able to add the account to the iPhone then it would send. You would not be able to add it if you could not send.
Watch this guide on how to remove the account.
http://osxdaily.com/2013/08/10/delete-mail-account-from-iphone-ipad/
Then use this guide to add it.
https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204404384/how-can-i-set-up-email-on-my-iphone-or-ipod-touch
There is nothing about a date so I am not sure what it is your doing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Richard. I have reset it again and it seems to be ok. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect!
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the smiley faces then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.