Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  20+ Years Experience. Cell Phone Expert
23511658

Mobile phones

Customer Question

mobile phones
Category: Mobile Phones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the problem i am experiencing is with imap and pop or port used in settings, i just cannot fathom it out on this z10, my previous blackberry curve was set by the s/p orange/ee and worked well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please e mail me on***@******.*** or call on ***********
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have just been on talk talk web site and followed their instructions in manual settings via i map and pop installation methods, still will not connect, alluding to a server problem, however my desktop works fine and allows acess to my tiscali e mail account.????
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
What I would suggest doing is removing the account and then adding it back as a new account. As long as it is set up as IMAP, the emaisnwill synchronize again after the account is re-added.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for that idea, what will then happen to my pc and tablet if i do a re-install as suggested?? have to re-set them all??? and clear them all first, tbh am very nervous about wiping the account...best ps
No... don't do them all.Any system/device that has it set up as a POP3 email account will delete the messages locally on that device. That is because when using POP3, the emails are downloaded to the device vs. IMAP, where emails are left on the server, and each client is synchronized with the server.So... if your email is setup with IMAP, intentionally deleting the email on one device/computer should delete it everywhere (default configuration). However, removing an account from a device/computer will NOT delete emails everywhere. It will simply remove (and then when you add it back, recreate) that local replica of your email.