Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. I am not very good with

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. I am not very good with mobile phones and my phone is not charging. It is not the charger because I bought a new one and that also does not work. It is not the battery because I bought a new one. The phone either does not charge at all or when it does charge, it usually gets to about 70-80% and then starts reducing after that.
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeIs the phone still turning on?Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,No, this time it is not turning on.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, connect it to the charger then hold the Volume UP and Power.Does this get it to turn on? Hold for 10 seconds then stop if it does not come on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,No, that does not work.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, we will try to get it into download mode.Connect it to the charger, then hold power and volume down and while held, disconnect it from the charger.Does it go into a screen that says downloading?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That also does not seem to work. I used to shake the charger wire before a little and it used to start charging but this time it has completely gone.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried a different charger?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that also did not work.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted in the phone, everything else has been ruled out. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying that the phone has completely gone?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, the mainboard in the phone has failed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can the mainboard be replaced?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, but only if it is under warranty, if not, it is more expensive then purchasing a new phone, so if the warranty has expired, you will need to replace the entire phone sorry.