Viet-Cell Phone Tech
Viet-Cell Phone Tech, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot all cell phones.
30037186

I have a Galaxy Nexus phone which can receive emails OK, but

I have a Galaxy Nexus phone which can receive emails OK, but will not send them from the outbox. If I send them from my computer, then the phone sees them as sent.
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Viet-Cell Phone Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Was sending working fine on your phone previously?Is there any error or message when sending?What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?What are the outgoing server address and port number have you tried? Please let me know all the settings you've tried.Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I will now be out until mid-afternoon. My emails are BT Yahoo Mail & Hotmail.
There are no messages when I try to send from the Outbox. Here are the current Outgoing settings.
android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com Port 465 Security SSL?TLS.
If this is not enough information for you, we can try the remote support later. Many thanks, Pete.
You're welcome. The current outgoing server is wrong, so please try the following:- Change the Yahoo outgoing SMTP mail server to exactly below:smtp.mail.yahoo.com, then check; if needed, try SSL and/or outgoing port 587 also.(Note: To change email settings, open Email app icon, then tap on the menu icon (usually it's the 3-dot icon at the upper right corner in the Email app), then tap on Settings. Then tap on Manage accounts. Then scroll down to the bottom, then tap on More Settings. Then there you can adjust the outgoing settings.)- If needed, for the Hotmail SMTP outgoing mail server, it is:smtp-mail.outlook.com, and hotmail outgoing port is 587.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I have tried the outgoing settings that you suggested. It will not accept port 587, & keeps jumping back to 465.
Perhaps we should try the remote ? Pete.
Sorry, remote only works on the computer, so I'm going to continue helping you here. Don't worry, we'll get your email working.So if you tried the outgoing server address I've suggested and the old port 465 and it still does not work. Please try:Solution #1:- Open Email app, then tap on menu icon at the top, then tap on Settings, then tap on Manage accounts, then tap on menu icon at the top, and select, and delete / trash your yahoo email account, then tap on the + icon and add back your yahoo email address and check.- If prompted, select IMAP option (not POP) and use these settings:Incoming Mail (IMAP) ServerServer - imap.mail.yahoo.comPort - 993Requires SSL - YesOutgoing Mail (SMTP) ServerServer - smtp.mail.yahoo.comPort - 465 or 587Requires SSL - YesRequires authentication - YesYour login infoEmail address - Your full email address (*****@******.***)Password ***** Your account's passwordRequires authentication - YesSolution #2:- If that does not work, delete the yahoo account again, but don't re-add it, then open Play Store app, then type / search for yahoo mail then install the Yahoo Mail app, then use the Yahoo Mail app for your yahoo email and check.Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I deleted the yahoo account, & reloaded via Play Store. After setting up a new password, this has worked, & I watched the Out Box empty itself. Many thanks for your help. Paying £20 is a lot cheaper than a new phone !! Best regards, Pete.
You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you for your patience.