Ashik
Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

My kindle fire HD has gone completely dead. It's fully

My kindle fire HD has gone completely dead. It's fully charged (tablet was warm when I took charger out) but screen remains black, I've tried pressing the little key on the side several times, now I don't know whether it's switched on or off. HELP!

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

This usually happens if the firmware/software is glitched. First we can soft-reset the Kindle and see if it works or not. Press and hold down (or slide) the Power button for full 40 seconds and this will reset the Kindle.

If that didn’t work then connect the Kindle to your PC with the USB and press and hold down the Power button for 60 seconds continuously to reset it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting

Just checking. How is it going ?

Were you able to reset it ?