ITPeter
ITPeter,
30970729

I want to unlock a LG 4G K8 mobile phone from O2.uk to

I want to unlock a LG 4G K8 mobile phone from O2.uk to Three.ie - can you be of any assistance please?
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

Hi Tina,

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

O2 will normally only unlock the phone if it is not under contract.

If you want to get it unlocked whilst still under contract then you will have to use an unlocking service, e.g. http://www.cellfservices.com/
--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am credited for my time; tips appreciated :)
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I only purchased a 'pay as you go' mobile phone - not 'bill pay' !
Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

Ok, so it is not under contract?

What reason did they give for refusing to unlock it?

Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

If you're on Pay As You Go, your O2 phone can be unlocked 12 months after you bought it.

However, this policy might vary depending on which phone you’ve bought.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

I see you have requested remote assistance; however it would not be applicable in this case.

(you can ignore any automated offers of additional assistance that do not apply)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They informed me that their regulations have now changed and cannot unlock a phone within a period of 12 months. I only found this out when I went back to the shop to ask them to unlock the phone. I was a customer with O2 in Ireland but the company was sold to Three.ie. I see your additional response stating that you cannot assist me. I was charged €30 + for a 'free week' of advise of this site....I'm not happy about this now.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will www.cellfservices also charge me now after paying the €30 to your site?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, are you still online?
Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

Yes I am here

Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

I'm not sure how the payments work, I am a user of this site just like you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well can you help me or not?
Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

Most online unlocking services charge a fee.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

You can try this service that offers to unlock for free:

https://www.freeunlocks.com/unlock-LG

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yea and I just paid €30 for this 'unlocking' service which was stated in the original add - if you cannot help me, I will be reporting this to PayPal and requesting a refund immediately ?
Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

Please see my previous post.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how long will it take to get the unlock code?
Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

It should be almost instant.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well, I will try it but not paying any more fees, and if it doesn't work, I will proceed with my complaint to PayPal - thank you.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

You are welcome :)

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question pageso I am credited for my time; tips appreciated :)

Pete.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That website does not work - any other suggestions?
Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

What error did it give you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is very slow and it seems that the model of my phone isn't on their list !!
Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

Ok, you can also try the following free site: http://www.unlockitfree.com/

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK, will give it a try.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

Let me know how it goes...

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am entering my information now. Which sim card do I leave in the phone if & when I get the unlock code?
Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

You will need to leave the new SIM in the phone when you are entering the unlock code to unlock it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have completed the request on this website and it cost me an additional €6.99. They stated that they will be in contact with me within 24 hours - so I hope this works. Thanks for your help but I didn't realise that I had to pay €30 to ask a question. I'm aware it is not your policy but your company's but I will be proceeding with my request for a refund. I wish to thank you personally Pete for your help in this matter. If I get sorted within the next few days, well & good but if not, I may be in contact with you again. Thanks again.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Another question, leave the new sim in the new phone which is O2 ? Am i thinking this is correct?
Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

Kindly leave a high rating for my service so I am credited for my time assisting you....

Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the rating,

Are you saying that the new SIM is O2 or Three?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Apologies, I'll start at the beginning - I reside in Ireland and I use three.ie network. I purchased a new phone in Northern Ireland O2 phone with new sim included. I am unable to use this phone with my 'old' three sim card and that is the reason why I am trying to get my new phone unlocked - my dilemma now is which sim do I leave in the new phone when I receive my unlock code? Hope this all makes sense !
Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

Yes that makes sense! Leave the Three SIM card in the phone when you are entering the unlock code..

When you receive the unlock code it should come with full instructions in any case.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you so much for all your advice and help, just hoping now that the unlock code works. Cheers, ***** ***** nice weekend.