nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Cell Phone Salesperson
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

How do I check that my phone will be compatible with

how do I check that my phone will be compatible with activity fitness tracker.
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

Hi Fiona. Welcome to justanswer.

Which phone are you using? And also specify which activity tracker you want to use?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
phone is Samsung galaxy fame gt-s6810p want tracker that can do most but at minimal cost (am not a fitness fanatic just an oldie that wants to be healthy)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung galaxy fame gt-s6810p no specific tracker but one that will moniter most daily things. minimal cost as not fitness fanatic just want to keep an eye on things in older age.

Fitbit is the best option to choose from the available fitness trackers in the market and it is compatible with your Sasmusng phone. There are so many models from fitbit. You can choose any according to your requirement

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok ta but what I wanted to know was how do I find out via my phone whether each one is ok without buying and trying as just made that mistake with jawbone up2 and now have to return it so need to know bfore I buy, as has to be online purchase as nowhere local to see/check/test before purchasing.

When you check any device, in its tech specs, it is clearly mentioned that it supports Android version xyz or higher. And you can check your phone`s OS (android`s) version by going to SETTINGS-ABOUT PHONE. The android version will be mentioned there.

Fiona, on your phone, Press MENU. Then go to SETTINGS. Do you see ABOUT PHONE (last option on the list)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ah got it my says 4.1.2 so does that mean anything on tracker below that should be ok.

Anything that says compatible with Android 4.1 or higher will work fine with your phone

Fiona, do you have any other query?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok ta shame up2 didn't work will try others

Yes you can try others. If you get any difficulty then you can ask me. I will tell you if it is compatible or not.

You will see a tab on your screen saying WRITE A REVIEW. A positive review is well appreciated. Thanks