Eric
Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

My galaxy S5 phone has a problem connecting to my own home

Customer Question

my galaxy S5 phone has a problem connecting to my own home wifi hub wherase my wifes phone our tablet and any family or friend can connect with no troublehave done all the shut down and restart suggest even modify configuration and my phone tell me im connectrd to my hub but I still cant go on internet
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good morning, sorry to hear you having problems with your Galaxy S5.

I understand other devices are able to connect and access WIFI without issue but its just this device which your having issues with, can you advise what encryption method and channel the WIFI router is using?

Secondly, you stated that your phone advises your connected, but you cant access internet content, are you able to advise what the wifi signal strength is on the phone, what error you get when using the web browser when connected to WIFI and finally what IP address is shown when you are connected to the WIFI.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hi james im not at home at present so I may not be able to answer all your questions, here goes= wifi strength is strong! am not getting an error notification and IP adress is 192.168.1.253 gateway 195.168.1.1 npl =24 dns 8.8 4.4 dns2 4.4.4.4
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
im in a library at the moment so ican be online and still tweak about with my phone which btw is connected to the library wi fi as easy as pie!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry I will have to log off this computer at 12.30pm so after that i'll have to pick up your replies on the fly.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
have to go now looking forward to hearing from you hopefully with a solution to my problem.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am back home now and again my phone tells me I'm connected to my home hub but I've had to use my mobile data allowance to send this!
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in responding back to you, the DNS assigned appears to be using Google rather than your router, which shouldnt cause an issue but adds an extra stumbling block.

I would first change the DNS setting on your phone to auto detect, and let me know what IP is then assigned by your router.

James