Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

I have just charged my phone and it is now asking me for my

Customer Question

I have just charged my phone and it is now asking me for my pin to restart the phone. Unfortunately I have forgotten my pin. Can you help please?
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of the phone please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Motorola motog5
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Even though I know this will probably annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.

If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the Note, it is the only way.

Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.

Start by turning off the smartphone by holding down the Power key for a short while.

Next, press and hold the Volume Down button for about 2-3 seconds.

While still holding these keys press the Power key for a short while and release all buttons.

Choose option Recovery by using to navigate Volume buttons and to confirm Power key.Wipe data MOTOROLA Moto G5

When the Android logo pops up hold down the Power key for a while.

While still holding the Power rocker, press and release the Volume Up button.

Hold down the Volume Down to choose "wipe data/factory reset", and then push the Power button to confirm.Remove screen password ***** Moto G5

Select "Yes--delete all user data". Use Volume Down button to scroll and Power button to select.Restore MOTOROLA Moto G5

In order to restart the phone, select "reboot system now".Format MOTOROLA Moto G5

Do not interupt while the process is running. Wait until the LENOVO Moto logo pops up.

The hard reset is then done

The device will restart.

You can then set it up again.

I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.