Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

I have a fusion 5 model 104 and a PC using Windows 10 64

I have a fusion 5 model 104 and a PC using Windows 10 64 bit. I am unable to link my Gmail and outloook accounts with many password ***** E.G. I am unable to use Microsoft A uthenticator because my Google addreaa is totally incorrect yet when I attempt to access or delete the massage is- not an account. I have usable Gmail account but cannot access though following all instructions. The tablet is brand new- the PC old. Any link for advice or help would be of help. PS I live in Spain with English PC help unavailable.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you clarify please, is the issue signing into a Gmail account or a Microsoft account?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can access my outlook account with no problem on both devices.
I am unable to sign in to the gmail account on the PC.
On the Fusion tablet both accounts show. Any emails for Outlook are shown. ALL gmail shows as 'you are done' with no messages.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Which internet browser are you using?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
PC- Google Chrome as default but Edge also loaded.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tablet gmail
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, on the PC, open Edge and go to www.gmail.com

Does it then show you the emailss once you do that?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I may well have not set up tablet correctly due to a User Manual[ not available on Internet] has print so small that even with a magnifying glass is unreadable. What I do NOT understand is why Microsoft Authenticator/gMail shows an account that, firstly Google says does not exist and with another gmail account that is subject to continual messages saying it has been accessed and blocked by Google.
I want neither account- just the one I set up for the tablet which always indicates-'All Done'
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Ok, even though it is a gmail acccount, Microsoft use the account for their account as well.

So you need to reset that Gmail one here

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
YEdge worked fine
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Ok, in Chrome, click on the three lines in the top right then settings.

Then click on Advance at the bottom, then reset.

Once done, try in Chrome again please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ended up with password ***** in Chrome for the totally incorrect account so did not proceed. This account only appeared today when-in desperation -I tried to use Microsoft Authenticator.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The gmail account is hoylerobert366 and backspace will not delete plus downshift does not offer alternate addresses.
The one time I attempted to continue the only message was Not a valid account
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Let me know how you go please

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am an82 year old pensioner and cannot afford the phone link.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The link you sent allowed me AGAIN to reset my outlook account..I have not as yest reset AGAIN my gmail account because the Google reset used an an incorrect address of hoylerobert366 and would not allow me to modify it. When used that address responded with Not Valid
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, but you said you could sign into it with Edge, was that correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Should I switch to Edge as my default search engine? It would make little difference to me
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

yes, do this and then you can continue as normal, just use Edge from now on

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you Richard. Just for info. I did my first 13 month computer course in 1956-spent later 5 years with Univac and the first country to country online systems then 5 years selling among other things the very first Arabic online banking system. BUT
I still get baffled by Windows!!