Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Chrysler pt1 cruiser reg hv 53 wxn how do I replace starter

Customer Question

Chrysler pt1 cruiser reg hv 53 wxn how do I replace starter motor. I have removed the air cleaner and its box. By taking off the plastic engine protector I can gain access to the bottom starter motor bolt but cannot see how I get to the top bolt as the steering fluid pipe is in the way, do I have to remove this and is this the way to do it. please help.

Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK I can wait a little longer but if I do not get an answer by mid day tomorrow can I have my money back.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. You have made a good faith deposit, which you can use to pay for a helpful answer, or have refunded upon your request. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Josie,

Thank you so much for all your endeavers I do appreciate what you are doing for me I wsould much rather have the information I need please keep trying to find expert to help me, Thank you Richard.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im sorry to see you have had a wait on your question..

Yes - with the diesel model- you have to move that steering pipe out of the way - Though I can tell you that a lot of garages tend to lever it to one side - just enough to get an extension tool ( ratchet ) on the starter bolt..

You can do that too if you are carefull - it wont break - but obviously I have to tell you that the proper way is to undo and remove it.. you undertstand.

Doing as above though does save time and mess - but you need the rigth tool then to get at the starter motor bolt to undo / replace it - as I say though -its just a decent ratchet / extension -and sometmes helps too with a swivel attachment on the extension - either ways as above will get this sorted for you..

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.