Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Where can I find the part number for the rubber boot and circlip

Customer Question

Where can I find the part number for the rubber boot and circlip that how the forward and reverse shifter / remote control cables onto the gear box of my 1991 LeBaron 3L V6 with manual transmission?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

Here is a great link of where you can get your parts and many other parts that you may need for a great low price , i even use this site to have my parts sent to me overseas

Please click here .

Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Greg

Is the part called "shift shaft seal" NATIONAL Part # XXXXX ??

I guess there's also a circlip needed to attach the cable to the gearbox / transmission. If so do you know the size and part number so I can get that too.

It may be difficult to get that size here in the UK

Dave

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

Dave can you send me a photo where this part is fitted .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I can send you a drawing but I'm having trouble inserting it into this mail.

The ring on the end of the shift cable is about the size of a quarter and the shaft that comes out of the gearbox has a pin about 1/4".

So the rubber grommet is a tight fit in the ring on the end of the cable with a 1/4" hole to fit over the pin. Then there's a steel washer and circlip to hole it all in place.

There's a shaft for 5 forward gears and another for reverse I'd guess.

I may not have the details right, but that's the overall arrangement. I'd guess the rubber grommet is there to isolate the shift cable and shift stick from gearbox noise and vibration.

I've tried a few parts sites, but none of them go down to this level of detail:-(. The good news is this manual transmission shift cable was used on many Chrysler models from 1982 to 2002

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

Dave is it this part that you mean .

graphic

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Greg

No. It's the rubber grommet that fits in the ring at the end of the shift cable at the gearbox.

Is there another e-mail address I can send my drawing to, because for some reason this site keeps telling me I'm not authorised on the server when ever I try to attach a jpeg ?

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Are you using the paper clip in the answer box

graphic

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've tried the paper clip and I get something loaded but when I hit replay to expert I get

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.justanswer.co.uk/chrysler/7oaf2-find-part-number-rubber-boot-circlip.html" on this server.

Reference #18.16982850.1364997210.157f1e3

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is there another address I can use to e-mail you the drawing??

Dave

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Go to this link and then they will relay me the photo from you .

Please click here

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Gary.

I just called support , because their e-mail wasn't working either, and got an e-mail address to pass along my drawing.

Hopefully it'll be with you soon

Dave

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi Dave, got the drawing will get back to you ,

Thanks Greg.
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Dave this rubber grommet as you say fits inside the cable ring ?

Greg
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi Dave .

Here we are ,a dealer in FL . http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/products/CHRYSLER/LEBARON/CLIP-Shift-Cable--CLIP--Shift-Cable/4307135/04670147.html

You will also see a diagram of the parts you want to order .

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

You could also try this placed .

4709 30TH. AVE. SOUTH, Tampa, FL 33619 (NNN) NNN-NNNN

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Greg.

I don't think this clip is the parts I need.

Note my opening statement "Where can I find the part number for the rubber boot and circlip that hold the forward and reverse shifter / remote control cables onto the gear box of my 1991 LeBaron 3L V6 with manual transmission?"

My drawing shows the two cables coming off the internal shift stick that terminate onto the two shafts coming out of the gearbox. The large ring on the end of the cable is about the size of a quarter BUT the pin it sits over is about 1/4". The rubber grommet has an outside dia. of about a quarter and an inside dia of about a 1/4".

This grommet fits inside the large ring on the end of the cable and pushes over the 1/4" pin. A steel washer and a circlip then keep it in place. The interval shift stick is thereby insulated from the noise and vibration coming off the gear box. Without the grommet the large ring on the end of the cable would be too large to fit onto the 1/4" pin

Let me know if this is not clear to you.

Cheers

Dave

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi Dave .

Did you try the Number at the bottom 813-333-3823 in Tampa FL .

Talk to these lads they will have the part you are looking for .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Greg.

I've sent emails to both the companies you listed......so far no response from either. Lets give them a day or two

Cheers

Dave

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi Dave .

Okay get back to me when you know if they can help you or not .

Personally i would have this part fabricated out of an old car tyre wall, and use two larger washers on each side so it does not slip out the ring.

Rgds Greg