Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

speedo and rev counter on 04 neon just stopped working,on turning

Customer Question

speedo and rev counter on 04 neon just stopped working,on turning ignition the speedo moves slightly as though to get ready when engine starts but then nothing although every thing else works,have looked at fuses but does not show for speedo and rev any help
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
o4 model neon speedo and rev counter stopped working after 24hrs when started car they both re set themselves and worked for about 1 hour when the speedo stopped working but the rev counter is ok,any solutions.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you require any further info

No further information is required at the moment. We will still continue our search.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE, Im happy to help you with this -

Before we progress , can you please tell me exactly what you have done / tried etc - any plug in tests etc / results thereof - ?

Rgds, MIKE...................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just checked for any fuses or loose connections none found,after 24 hours on starting the car both needles of speedo and rev went right round to max and seamed to reset,but now only rev counter working,on initial ignition to start the car the speedo does move slightly but once car started just the rev counter working,will i need to get a new dash?please advise.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again - Thank you for your reply.

Ok in that case - the dash is a computer unit in itself - and they do go wrong like this - as you have.

What you can try is a re boot of the system - to do this, you would need to remove the keys from the car - then disconnect the car battery. Then connect - with a wire if needed, the two battery cable connectors together - neg and pos... and leave like that for 30 mins - then disconnect them - and then re attach them to the battery - and retry the systems. If this re boot has worked - it will be ok now.

If it fails again at some point -or is the same, then you will need the dash sorting.

What we generally do / advise is to send the dash cluster to a specialist test / repair company-- This is a common thing - and is considerably cheaper than a new unit... I can suggest a company for you - I will do that now to save you time if its needed - Their number is 0 1 6 3 4 - 6 8 7 2 2 2 .. They are Kent area and operate a postal service - If needed , give them a call and they will talk you through it all inc prices etc.

Bear in mind if you do the battery disconnect as above, you may need your radio code to input after so be sure you have that as well .

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.