Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

how do I enter the radio code in my 2001 PT Cruiser

Customer Question

Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully I can help..

What exactly is the radio display showing when you try to enter the code?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The display on the radio ic the word CODE

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for getting back..

Im not sure what methods you have tried upto now..but if the radio is displaying code then it means it hasn't locked out due to incorrect entry or wrong codes etc..Usually on these radios you need to enter the 4 digit code you have - provided its the correct one - via the channel buttons along the bottom of the radio unit..either 1-5 or 1-6 once the code has been entered correctly or you reach the last digit the radio should come on..so if you haven't tried that yet - then maybe give that a go..For example if you have a code like 1023 - keep pressing button one to bring 1 up / button two to bring up 0 / and button three to bring up 2 / and button four to bring up 3..so give that a try with the code you have and see how that goes..i do hope this helps

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I HAVE TRIED THAT AND IT DOES NOT WORK,IF I DO THAT THEN WHEN THE FIRST BUTTON IS PRESSED MOR THAN ONCE IT JUST ADDS ANOTHER 1 TO THE SECOND SPACE.ANY MORE IDEAS

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for getting back..

Ok..that seems little unusual as what i have giving above as per procedure is the normal radio code entry method for all/most Chrysler radios anyway around that year inc the PT...

Have you tried keeping the button depressed until it counts up the digits then move to the next one and so on?

Maybe along shot but what about using the seek channel up and down/volume button to increase the digits etc?