Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 2003 pt cruiser, 1.9 petrol engine. My problem is

Customer Question

I have a 2003 pt cruiser, 1.9 petrol engine. My problem is both rear windows have stopped working, the front ones are ok. I have changed both front and rear switches, and they are still the same. Are they off the same fuse, and where is it. I cannot find the fuse for the rear or front windows as the fuse legends aren't much help.

Ron Bird
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Did both rear stop at the same time or different times?
Can you hear any noise from the rear windows when trying to work them?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

They both stopped at the same time, and there isn't any noise when the buttons are operated, so I think they aren't trying to move.

Ok the front windows and the rear windows are on the same power circuit, if the front windows are working this means that there is a power source leading to the rear windows. Did you change the master switch in the drivers door?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There aren't any switches at all on either of the front door windows, just the one set of four switches on the front dashboard, which I have already stated I have changed

Ok because all windows are on the same circuit you have power because the front windows are working. The next step would be to remove the door panels and checking the motors themselves and checking the power coming to the motor. If the motors are good,this is a BCM issue which is where the power comes from to the windows.