Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I Have a 2006 chrysler voyager 2.8crd and has a starting problem,

Customer Question

I Have a 2006 chrysler voyager 2.8crd and has a starting problem, I replaced the fuel filter and for 3 or 4 days started first time, then problem was there again ,was told may be the fuel filter head so purchased and fitted the very latest type filter head with another brand new fuel filter, bled out fuel system and once again starting first time every time but few days on car needs 3 or 4 attemps to start the engine, can anyone out there help.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Are there any warning lights coming on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike no warning lights on only when you switch on the ign but as soon as the engine has started which can be 1 attempt or somtimes like yesterday was the worst 17 turns of the key then it started and as always runs perfect, I fitted a brand new filter head complete with a new filter and for 3 or 4 days it was first time every time but after the 5th day problem is back, the glow plugs are quite new ,so any idea what the problem might be then.

The issue that you are describing is consistent with a electrically failing crankshaft position sensor which is very common on these vehicles and results in your same exact symptoms the sensor often does not set a trouble code.