Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

We have a 300c and after dealer renewed key batteries the car

We have a 300c and after dealer renewed key batteries the car the next day would not start,car is now with a dealer who say it needs a win module elv and two new keys at a cost of £1655,is this a known fault the car is 2009 with 52k on clock
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome...

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you...

I see there has been a delay - I apologise for that ..

Please just let me know if you do still need help with this - if so, we can then progress..

Best Rgds,. MIKE.................................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mike
The car is still with the dealer and I'm asking them to help with the £1655 +vat bill so any advice would be welcome

George
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again George -

Thank you for your reply - I do apologise that I just missed you .

Well its not a known / common fault with this model George - it does happen - but its not whats known as a "common fault" or a recall issue or anything like that -

But as the car is the year that it is -and with essentially only 5 years mileage on it - its certainly worth chasing up - and trying to get a good-will payment.

Your case will be stronger too if you have a full service history -simply because thats the first thing they tend to ask... although as a tip... if they used a non or part service history against you - with this situation... argue it - because servicing does not have anything to do with the fault that has arisen......

Let me know how you get on George - but yes, its certainly worth a try in any event...

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.