Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Problem with gearbox

Problem with gearbox going through gears speedometer not working .park neutral reverse drives are all selected at same time on dash. vehicle is 2.8 crd grand voyager 120,000 miles year 2004.I am a diesel mechanic with over 40 years in the trade this is my own vehicle never really had a lot of trouble with it until now,only other problem I've had is brake disc's and a rear ABS sensor all have been changed recently. I do have autol diagnosis equipment which covers most things on this vehicle I haven't used it yet. I was hoping it was going to be the speedo transsender, so I thought l would ask your advise first,david childs. Thanks.

Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

This is a common issue on these vehicles and the issue is the input speed sensor located on the gearbox, when the sensor fails the result is the symptoms that you are having.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Input speed sensor didn't cure problem .now going to change output speed
sensor.

Let me know if this fixes the issue. Thank you.