Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Drivers seat wont operate and volume on radio cancels on stopping

Customer Question

Drivers seat won't operate and volume on radio cancels on stopping at junctions
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like someone to find an answer to my problem please. I have tried checking the fuses but they are OK and I need a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you - I hope you can find an answer to my problem I am currently having to drive with cushions behind me - this is not comfortable and I don't like driving in silence - the radio is a companion but the reduction in volume everytime I have to stop is annoying!!

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome ,

My name is MIKE - I have been asked to help you with your problem -

I take it the drivers seat on your derivative is electrically adjusted ??

I just need first to ask - what if anything have you done / tried so far?

Did these issues just happen - or was it after work / service had been done on the vehicle?

Please also give me the Full reg number -

Rgds, MIKE.....................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The drivers seat is electrically adjusted. I have checked the settings shown on the overhead information centre, I have checked the remote key settings and the automatic key fob settings (for driver 1 or 2) but nothing seems to make any difference. There issues happened after I moved the seat backwards to allow me to drive after my wife had been driving with the seat in a more forwards position. The problems (seat and radio) occurred simultaneously.

the reg no is X 13 ABS

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply / further info..

I was just trying to establish if indeed these could be connected -As far as I can see looking at the schematics etc, the only way this could be connected - ie, the radio control and seat faults, would be if you have developed a fault with the Bcm, thats the body control module.. which is like a computer that has overall control of these things. If its that , often its necessary to renew it or send for repair to a specialist - so you need to be sure.

In which case , the best way forward at this point is to have whats called a plug in fault code test. This will interrogate the Bcm for any faults logged in its memory -and from there, you can tell exactly which way you need to be heading. To do it any other way is pointless - you cannot make any real progress otherwise and you risk replacing parts that are not needed.

I can tell you that the switch on the seat is a common failure - but apart from that - the Bcm is the common denominator for the two having gone at once so all things considered, the best advice has to be to have it in either to a dealer who will have the needed equipment - or a local garage that has the needed equipment - it has to be the proper equipment used to be able to connect electronically / retrieve the fault codes.

I hope you understand Im not simply saying "take it to a garage".. its just that with this type of fault - on this vehicle - its all electronic - so this is the way it has to be - to properly and cost effectively get this sorted for you --
Other than possibly a switch or motor issue on the seat - and an audio unit internal fault - separate issues which yes could happen - it does seem odd that the two have gone together - so I do feel this will be a Bcm fault.. so I have to recommend as above on this one now -

If there is anything more by all means get back to me and we can carry on as / if needed..

*** >> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.