Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

changed battery this morning - speedometer no longer works

changed battery this morning - speedometer no longer works and will not change gears in drive position ( chrysler grand voyager automatic 2.8 diesel XS CRD )
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Hello Sue and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you on this -

Often this issue is caused by an electrical glitch - more specifically, surge when the new battery is fitted - It can also be caused by charging the battery...

You may have to have the vehicle in to have diagnostics done - but there is something you can try for now - and that is a re boot of the systems.. This will often work in this situation - so its worth a try.

To do this - have the keys out of the vehicle - then disconnect again, your battery cables.. then connect them together. Link with a wire if needed to ensure good connection.

Leave that way for 30 mins - then disconnect them - leave them a further 15 mins - then - switch on the headlight switch so that the dip beams are on - and then, re fit the battery cables to the battery..

That re boots the computers on the vehicle - and will stop another surge if you switch the lights on as above -- Then see if all is well again - all being well, it will be..

Again - IF not - then Im afraid you will need your systems re setting with Chrysler plug in equipment... so its well worth trying the above first.

Bear in mind if you have a coded type radio system, you will need the radio code after this too.

So that's the way forward on this one now Sue - Let me know how you get on -

- By all means let me know how you get on / or if you need anything more at all on this.....

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.