Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Have 1999 TD grand voyager, key fob releases doors but wont

Customer Question

Have 1999 TD grand voyager, key fob releases doors but wont release security system to start. Any suggestions?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What imformation do you need

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what do you need

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE -Im happy to help / advise - Sorry to see you have had a wait.

I dont know what happened initially but I assume that the remote stopped working so you replaced the battery on the remote...

But - when you fit a new battery, the remote should just work... it shouldn't require programming or anything -

So Im thinking that the remote fob has actually gone faulty..

In any event - these remotes can only be programmed / reset by the use of plug in equipment at a dealer or garage that has the correct equipment - sadly there is no manual way as with some other vehicles of programming or resetting the remotes on these..

It will have to be checked as above them Im afraid - they can test your remote for you - see if its giving out a signal or not... with equipment.. and then they can try to program it - if that works great - If not - then you will have to have a new remote off them and then they will program it for you to your vehicle..

Im sorry its not what you likely wanted to hear - but that is the case / the way forward with this one now.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meantime - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hello again -

Im just checking in with you - .. If you do need anything more- if there is anything else I can help you with , please just ask me - Im always happy to help you further if needed - Or, if we are done, per the way justanswer works, I do just need you to click on the "OK ratings" for me at this point - Thank you kindly in anticipation..

Best Rgds , MIKE.