Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 2007 voyager 2.8crd with poor starting. One week ago

I have a 2007 voyager 2.8crd with poor starting. One week ago my local garage diagnosed only 1 glow plug was working. All glow plugs were replaced starting was good for one day only and I was again back to poor starting again . Took car back to garage who found 2 glow plugs not working again replaced. Starting was again good for 2 days but this morning was again hard to start. From cold it takes 3 or 4 turns to start engine hot start is no problem. It would appear glow plugs are burning out very soon after replacing. My garage is reluctant to replace again or work on car any more. I have only owned car for 2 weeks but receipts for new starter motor and battery point to a previous problem. Help please
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
Are there any kind of warning lights coming on at any time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi mike, no warning lights coming on.
Ok for the glow plugs to keep burning out this fast this is a ecu problem, the ecu is not communicating properly with the glow plugs and causing them to fail. The next step is to have the ecu tested.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am sure ecu was checked by previous owner as car spent some time at main dealer who I would think would have had same diagnosis. Car is going back to garage tomorrow night to be left over night for morning cold start I have informed mechanic of your diagnosis so hopefully Problem will be resolved. I cannot give a rating until I can establish whether your
diagnosis is correct or not. I was disappointed that money was taken from my account before I had received a reply
The money taken from your account was a deposit it is fully refundable. The ecu is what sends the signal to the glow plugs, so you have the glow plugs themselves and then there power source which is the ecu, the plugs have pretty much been eliminated. You can rate the answer after the shop takes a look at it. Also you can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive if you need further help. Thank you.