Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

PT Cruiser Cabriolet, RH Drive. All instrument warning lights

PT Cruiser Cabriolet, RH Drive. All instrument warning lights flicker and the warning gong sounds continually. Fuel gauge and temperature gauge register ok, but speedo and rev counter just waver about. The binacle lights also flicker unless the cars main lights are on. Otherwise the car drives perfectly.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long response.
The issue that you are having is due to a loose or corroded earth wire in the engine compartment. The first step would be to check the wiring from the battery to the alternator and to the starter as these are the most common points to come loose or get corroded.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Mike,

Thanks response. I will try your fix, and get back to you.

Regards,

Robin

No problem thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Mike,

I have had the electrics checked, as you recommended, and all was OK in the engine bay, but the problem still persists.

Any further thoughts, please,

Regards,

Robin

Since the wiring has been eliminated, the next step will be to have the ecm tested as it is likely sending false signals.