Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

, Could you please tell me how to

Customer Question

Hi, Could you please tell me how to take out the ignition barrel (or ignition lock cylinder, not sure of the terminology) of a 1995 3.3l v6 voyager. It's OK, I am the owner and I have the key. There's something wrong as the key's turning too far without making the engine turn over. Suspect the barrel's worn or broken. Need to inspect it, but how do you get it out? Is there a catch somewhere you can press once you've inserted and turned the key? I have disconnected the battery and removed the cowls around the ignition. It would be great if you could help, Many thanks, Ed

I've managed to do it. Had to take out the screws of the ignition switch and pull both that and the ignition cylinder out to get at the retaining screw that holds the cylinder in place. Once the retaining screw was undone, the ignition cylinder slid out easily enough. Some metal had sheared off the bottom of the cylinder, hence the reason it turned too much without completing an electrical circuit.

As I no longer need any advice from you, I would be grateful if you would kindly refund the 28 euros I sent you to my paypal account.

Many thanks,

Edward xxxxx 

Category: Chrysler