Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

there I have a pt cruiser diesil and have a problem with

Customer Question

hi there I have a pt cruiser diesil and have a problem with it starting over a period of time. now it has packed up all together. when you turn ignition on all lights on dash work but does not turn over ,not even a click . so tapped starter motor while someone turned key and it tried to turn but only for a second now totally dead so suspected starter. so took starter off and had it checked and found burnt out .so exchange with another recon and put back in car where it tried to turn then nothing it is dead. battery is new and fully charged.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not found an answer yet thanks
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help you .. Sorry to see you have had a wait.

-- With the situation you describe - that of the engine not turning and the starter found to be burned out - it sounds at least from here, that the engine has some mechanical problem / issue - ie, either partially seized / seizing or mechanical issue stopping it turning - hence, the starter wont turn it and gets burned out.

You therefore need to attempt to now turn the engine manually - either means you choose - but usually with a tool on the front main pulley. doing so I think you will find the root cause of the problems.... but that is then your next move on this to find whats going on then to fixing the root issue as found that way.

Let me know if you need anything else at all.. If you do get back to me, I will get back to you asap thereafter.

Meantime , please do now at this point, click on the "Excellent ratings" for me... I really appreciate that and Thank you....

Kind Rgds, MIKE..