Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My dashboard lights and mains will go out it has been in the

Customer Question

My dashboard lights and mains will go out it has been in the garage and there replace the ecu next to fuse box but still showing faults we can only drive in the day time do you any idea what it could be we are at lost
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..
Can I just clarify a couple of things?
Are you saying the main beams and dash go out - ?
Do the outside sidelights go off as well?
When you say its "still showing faults" -- what exactly do you mean there?
Rgds, MIKE..............
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes main lights go out and dash also

Side lights do go out

Reference faults the garage says there still two fault don't know what code's are

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Mark -
Thank you for your reply..
If you could let me have the fault codes - I could look further into that for you... If you do - please give me the cars Full reg also.
--But essentially, the area that needs investigation is the actual switch - for the lights.. The column switch can be checked also and should be as a break there can cause this - it breaks the circuit from the main switch... Wires can break going to the back of the column switch ( as indeed they can on the main switch).. but often the fault lies within the switch.
A competent Auto Electrician may be best for this Mark given the garage haven't found it - Its a case of testing the circuit with a meter at the back of the switches which will easily track the fault down - whether its at the switch/s.. or - if not - back at the main control LCM ..
( Light control module )
Thats the way to find and sort this out for you..
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.