Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Diesel spilled in car cabin, is there a formulas to remove

diesel spilled in car cabin, is there a formulas to remove the fumes
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..
Really - the proper way is to remove the carpets and have them professionally cleaned... The cleaning company use proper solutions that not only get all traces out, but use a fragrance too when done to complete the job.
If it was really bad and its soaked through to the under padding too - attempts can be made to clean that is the same way - but its not always as successful depending on how bad it is- and how thick the insulating material is... If its unsuccessful, the only answer is replacement / renewal of the carpets / under padding / insulation as needed.
The cleaning as above - and if it comes to it, renewal of the carpet material etc would be covered by the valet companies insurance - you would need to tell them you need to claim off them and get the forms for that from them..
To be honest , I think it may well come to that as diesel is terrible to get rid of---
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
-Meantime ----- Please click on the Exc / OK rating for me at this time.. - "Thank you" in advance for that -
... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating should you need more at all - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.