Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

What gearbox oil in a 1948 new yorker fluid drive

Customer Question

what gearbox oil in a 1948 new yorker fluid drive
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Pat,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** happy to help / advise.
The Fluid Drive used a 10W oil - this was used in engines too -
Its only really if you use a Hypoid ( high pressure - thick ) oil by mistake that you would get problems - the fluid drive just wouldn't cope..
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.