Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Pt cruiser pump brake, pedal gets hard, then goes to floor,

Customer Question

pt cruiser pump brake, pedal gets hard, then goes to floor, new master cylnder fitted, does booster need replacing, if not what is wrong, found rubbed through on brake servo hose, maybe air getting in or bleed system with diagnostic for ABS cycle. Tried everything still pedal goes to floor once started.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi . Did you first bench bleed the master cylinder . What order did you bleed the brakes .correct way is as followed .LR,RF,RR then LF Some master cylinders have bleed screws ,did you bleed this . Then when you are done and still got air in the system then you need the scan tool to bleed the HCU hydraulic control unit . But most get it wrong due to the bleeding sequence..Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.