Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

There -- I have a 2004 Grad Cherokee 2.7L diesel which is

Hi there -- I have a 2004 Grad Cherokee 2.7L diesel which is being used approach abroad -- in Mozambique, Africa.
The driver reports that after an oil change, the car no longer recognises the ignition key. Local mechanics have used diagnostic tools, but could not find the problem.
Is there any way to re-set the ignition? The Jeep is in a remote area -- many hundreds of miles from the nearest proper Jeep service station.
Grateful for any help you can offer.
Paul (+44 7775 705 884)
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Grateful or a reply on this...
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Paul,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Shantal -- thanks for letting me know. I think I will leave it. I don't think there is an easy answer.Will I get my money back? (!)BestPaul
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
Try these steps and this should reset the system.
with the key out of the vehicle remove the positive battery cable end and then the negative cable in and let sit for 20 minutes. Then connect the negative end and the positive, insert the key and turn the key to the on position but do not try to start, leave in this position for 10 minutes and then start the vehicle.
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.