Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

When i turn ignition key on needles on clocks go all the way

Customer Question

when i turn ignition key on needles on clocks go all the way around then back to the rest position. sometimes it starts other times doesnt, just clunks like a flat battery.had it to a garage who fitted a new battery but problem still persists. had an auto electrician look at it who cant find a problem. sometimes all the lights on the dashboard come on, sometimes only half do other times no lights at all. any ideas
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi . This looks like a bad ground from the battery to the chassis then to the engine block. Check this cable and replace if needed. With the dial going to the top then back down to resting position is normal ,but should not be jumpy .if jumpy then this is a ground issue . This same ground could be the same problem for the starter motor to just clunk.. Check this then get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.