Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a 2006 2.8crd grand voyager with a rock hard brake

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2006 2.8crd grand voyager with a rock hard brake pedal. I replaced the servo last year with a second hand and the one way valve with a new one one but only to find out later that there wasn't enough vacuum so over the weekend I replaced the vacuum pump and I now have a lot more vacuum but still a rock hard pedal and it virtually take two feet on the pedal to stop it.
Ant ideas as it's driving me mad.
Thanks John
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello John,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Hello John,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi John . If you have good vacuum to the brake booster then you have a bad brake booster , internal rubber membrane has most likely failed in most case you will hear a hissing sound coming from the outside or possibly from inside the car ,With the engine off press the brake pedal four times then hold down .switch on the engine and the brake pedal should start to drop a inch if not the vacuum to the booster is not high enough or the booster has failed You need 20" of vacuum .if a lot less bad pump .if good check one way valve if good replace the booster . Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.