Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

When the engine runs about 10-15 mins and the blower

Customer Question

when the engine runs for a about 10-15 mins and the blower and heater is run at top speed to defrost inside the car then the engine is shut off and I try to start again it will not start
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will continue to wait, but would like to know approximately when I can expect an answer to my query. Kindly note the query was made at about Mar 8, 2016 at 10.30 EST
Everett
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello its possible that the ECU is not allowing the restart as it thinks the engine is overheating? I'd agree that you don't just replace the radiator thoughas you would 1st replace the thermostat in the engine.Whilst the thermostat is being replaced you might as well also reverse flush the cooling circuit (remove top hose to rad and use a hosepipe to push water into the engine until you get clear water out of the radiator hose) and top up with 30-50% fresh antifreeze. Also check that the small diameter bleed hoses that run from the top of the radiator and the top of the engine aren't blocked as this allow the air to vent back to the header tank automatically.If you still have a problem then check that the water pump impeller / turbine isn't spinning on its shaft. You should be able to achieve this by removing the bottom hose from the engine and use a screwdriver or similar to feel for the water pump impeller blades, whilst your assistant turns the engine over by hand.If you can stop the impeller with slight pressure from the screwdriver the pump needs replacing. Also its possible the belt is slipping so its worth replacing its especially if the rubber ribs are cracked or it looks shiny on flat side of the belt - while its off check that the tensioner and other pulleys all spin freely the exception to this is the AC pump ( if fitted)