Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2008 chrysler sebring i had the 4 tpms sensor

Customer Question

I have a 2008 chrysler sebring i had the 4 tpms sensor replaced but tyre shop was unable to find "RETRAIN TIRE SENSORS" on the console menu can you help ?
regard
Noel
ireland
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello there are 3 different TPMS reset procedures.1. -Fill tires to appropriate PSI.- Turn ignition to the "ON" position, but do not turn the engine on.- Press the "MENU" button on the EVIC( information centre) until the screen reads "Retrain Tire Sensor-No"- Press the "Step" button to confirm the relearn process.- Press "MENU" again and the display should read "train left front tire".- Place the relearn magnet ( chrysler special tool) on the left front tire's valve stem until the horn honks.- Continue the same process for the other tires in a clockwise pattern.- The display should read "training complete". Then press "step", "C/T", "reset", "menu" buttons to complete the procedure.2. - Inflate tires to the appropriate PSI.- run engine but car must be stationary for at least 20 minutes -Drive the car for at least 10 minutes and maintain speeds above 15 MPH.3. -Fill tires to appropriate PSI.- Turn ignition to the "ON" position, but do not turn the engine on.- Press the "MENU" button on the Overhead console until the screen reads "Retrain Tire Sensor-No"- Press the "Step" button to confirm the relearn process.- Press "MENU" again and the display should read "train left front tire".- Place relearn magnet on the left front tire's valve stem until the horn honks.- Continue the same process for the other tires in a clockwise pattern.- The display should read "training complete". Then press "step", "C/T", "reset", "menu" buttons to complete the procedure.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you