Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Crossfire normally aspirated air pump does this pump work for

Customer Question

Crossfire normally aspirated air pump does this pump work for a short time during cold start up or constantly the control relay has been changed but the check engine list has come back after two weeks
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello the air pump should work on a cold start as it forces a load of air into catalyst to kick it into life, and its often used for a hot start too typically the pump runs for 30 seconds or so and then should shut off once the cat is up to temp So if the pump is running constantly then this isn't right and I'd check over the wiring to the pump to check for short and other damage if this is OK and the relay is also new, check the relay socket and the wiring directly under the relay box to check for signs of overheating / chafing damage
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you