Mike
Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 11 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I own a battery operated grandfather clock we have tried all

I own a battery operated grandfather clock we have tried all kinds of battery tried cleaning where the batteries go I live in Scotland can you help me find a repair person
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Hi Margaret, My name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you. When a battery quartz movement goes bad it is cheaper to replace the movement than to get it repaired. The bad thing about these movements is that they are encased in plastic and you can not open them to work on the movement and if you bring the clock in for repair that is what they do. To save my customers money from me servicing there clock when they bring them into my shop with the same problem you are having I recommend replacing the movement themselves it is easy to do and very inexpensive alot cheaper than a repair shop to do it. You can order your part from one of the best companies listed below. The phone works the best for ordering your parts. Just give them the make and model of your clock and the movement number which should be located on the back or side of the movement. They will ship the movement right to your home. If you do elect to bring the clock in for repair which I don't recommend If you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your location in Scotland and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area.Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Remember ALL our prices include UK VAT and UK postage (UK mainland except N Scotland)

The price you see is the price you pay - and our minimum order is only £10 !

It's easy to order online from C & L Clocks

Just browse through our website and add any items you require to the shopping cart

You can then checkout and pay securely online or you can order online and

phone us on 01288 381690 with your card details if you prefer

www.clockparts.co.uk/