Mike
Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 11 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

i screwed my crown out to adjust the date but the winder came

i screwed my crown out to adjust the date but the winder came completely out of the watch.it will screw back into the watch but i cannot alter the date or the hands.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hi Kenneth, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. What happens when the crown is screwed out all the way and then reinserted it doesn't engage the fork that usually turns for the date or to set the time it will have to be opened and then the fork must be put back into to place to once more perform its function. If you want I can find a watch repair company in your area just let me know your location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Try these options out and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike

.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

dear ***** thanks for your answer.i would be obliged if you could let me know of any watch repairer in my vicinity who could repair the watch for me.i live in port talbot south wales.near swansea and cardiff my post code is sa126nx.thank you. ken.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hi Kenneth, Here are a few that you can try that are the closest I could find. Please disregaurd the view full images. Thanks Mike

.

.

.

The Watch Repair Workshop
P.O. Box 133, Neath, West Glamorgan, South Wales.
Neath

Tel :01639 630854

Neath - 3.2 miles away Cardiff - 34.7 miles away

.

.

QuartzTime 58c Swansea Market, Swansea, Glamorgan SA1 3PQ, United Kingdom ‎ +44 1792 655940 ()‎ · quartztimeswansea.co.uk

.

.

THE MIDAS TOUCH JEWELLERY***** Swansea SA1 3BQ, United Kingdom ‎ +44 1792 648143 · midasjewellery.com

.

.

Goldsmiths 19A Aberafan Centre, Port Talbot SA13 1PB, United Kingdom ‎

Aberafan Centre +44 1639 881955 ()‎ · goldsmiths.co.uk

.

.