Mike
Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 11 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have an antique Kuienzle grandfather clock that works perfectly

I have an antique Kuienzle grandfather clock that works perfectly and keeps perfect time and comes. The right weight chain (there are 3 weights) "slips" down every now and then, not all the time. ? fix
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I get this problem quite often at my repair shop on antique clocks. The right weight runs the chimes the center weight runs the pendulum and the left weight runs the strike if the weight slips down every now and then there could be worn teeth on the sprocket that when it gets to the place that the teeth are worn it causes the weight to slip down or the bushing is loose or worn that the runs through the center of the sprocket holding the sprocket to the movement between the 2 brass plates that will need to be tightened or replaced. If you decide to get the movement checked out for these problems without you doing the work yourself I can locate a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike.If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my zip code is 93311
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Here are the closest repair companies to you that are listed below that can help you with your clock. Thanks Mike. Pease remember if you are satisfied with my answer rate my answer by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you..JIM WERTZ11423 WHITE RIVER DRIVEBAKERSFIELD, CA 93311 Phone:***@******.***'s Clock3121 North Sillect AveSte 301Bakersfield, CA 93308***-***-****
Mike, Consultant
Experience: I've been active in clock repair for 11 years - NAWCC member.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on closer examination, the chain links have stretched open and I think that is the problem. Any suggestions as to where i can get a replacement chain ??
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Yes you can use the companies I use to order parts from just measure how long the chain is and give them that information. Thanks MikeTimesavers.comBox 12700Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.1-***-***-**** 1-***-***-****Fax: 1-***-***-****Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST).Norkro.com2209 NW Mill Pond Rd.Portland Or 97229order line: 1-***-***-****Phone/fax:(###) ###-####Klockit.comN3211 County Road HLake Geneva, WI 53147 USAPhone: 1-***-***-****Fax: 1-***-***-****Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm (Closed on Tuesdays) Saturday 8:30am-4:00pm. Clockworks.comPO Box 339 - 9 Pine StHuntington MA 01050***-***-****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the info. Will order the chain and, hopefully, that will be an easy fix.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi, OK if you ever need help in the future just ask. Thanks Mike