Mike
Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 11 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have a French buhl wall bracket clock. About 3ft overall.

Customer Question

I have a French buhl wall bracket clock. About 3ft overall. Been in the family for over 70 years. Pendulum on silk thread. Spring driven..movement similar to a grandfather clock. But spring driven. Always worked well . No problems. Good timekeeping.. Nothing has changed...But now it is racing on ...gaining 30...40... minutes each day. Why.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. What is happening since the clock is gaining that much time in a 24 hour period depending on which style Boulle Bracket Wall Clock you have some have 3 winding ports and others have only 2 winding ports. The bushing that controls the mainspring for the pendulum is either loose and will need to be tightened up or is worn and will need to be replaced with the bushing not being correct it causes the mainspring to release just a little more power that causes the clock to gain time. On the style with 3 winding ports it would be the CENTER mainspring and on the style with only 2 winding ports it would be the LEFT mainspring. I would suggest a clock technician to take a look at the movement if you would like let me know your location in Ireland and by what major cities and I can locate a clock repair shop for you. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.