Mike
Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 11 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have an old ansonia wall clock that works fine apart from

I have an old ansonia wall clock that works fine apart from continually going out of sync with its gong. It has been cleaned and looked at by a local repairer but he could not work out why. When it is taken down and the hour hand moved manually it is fine, but within a couple of hours of being put up again it goes out of sync. Can you help?
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I've run across this problem before at my shop. I'll cover all options to try. First it might be the trip lever cannot fall into a locked position because the lever is being lifted at one end while at the other end the lock is out of position to fall into the locking cam. The most frequent cause for this condition is a dislocated locking pin, either by being bent or the locking cam itself being out of position. To correct this problem it will be necessary to position the pin so that it can once more perform its function. Next when it starts to chime out of sync when it gets to this position there might be a worn or damaged tooth on one of the sprockets that causes the chime/strike train to slip out of sync if I could see the clock in person which I can't because my shop is in North Carolina I would suggest you have a qualified technician check and make needed adjustments. Try these options out and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your location and by what major cities in the UK and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.