Mike
Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 11 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

We've just moved house and hung up our Tavern Clock after 15

We've just moved house and hung up our Tavern Clock after 15 months in storage .. We've balanced it properly and it goes for up to half- an- hour then stops. Mechanically it seems fine .. Could it just need oiling? It isn't an antique .. it was made for me in 1987.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 7 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes I get this a lot at my clock repair shop. First would be maintenance since the clock has not ran for awhile the old gummy oil inside the mainsprings causes the coils to stick not allowing the mainspring to release the pressure to run the movement properly just adding oil on top of old oil really doesn't do the trick. Next would be if the clock was out of beat but since it runs for 30 minutes I would focus on maintenance because if the clock was out of beat it would stop after a few minutes. Try these options out and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.