Mike
Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 11 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

My grand father clock has stopped chiming. The chime

Hi, my grand father clock has stopped chiming. The chime selection lever does. Not hold. It is dropping.. what to do now?
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 7 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. If the chime selector lever is not working properly and is stuck in the chime off position then you have to remove the dial face to work on the lever it probably slipped out of position to be set into its 3 different settings and if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself let me know your location and by what major cities and I can locate a clock repair shop in your area that makes house calls that can fix your clock. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. I live in WALTHAM ABBEY, ESSEX. EN9 1SZ. Could you pls let me know if there is any repairer in the area or around. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Could you pls all me on*********** Thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I live in North Carolina USA and can not make international calls but here are the closest repair shops that can help you with your clock. Thanks Mike

Robert Horton

13, Castle Street,
Hertford,
Hertfordshire,
SG14 1ER

Telephone: 01992 587546

.

E.J Michael

• Tel: 01992 572826

64-66, High St, Epping, Essex, CM16 4AE

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The numbers seem to be not correct. Could u pls give some others if u don't mind. I will rate u high soon. Thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

Hi, This is the only other repair shop I could fined the others are in London. Thanks Mike

On Time Clock Services

*****br />Stanford le hope
Essex SS17 7BD
United Kingdom
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That's OK Mike. Take care
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

Hi, Your Welcome. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Mike, just a few more things, if the time is not correct, how do we adjust it. My clock is 1-2minutes fast. When it is actually ,say 12:45 p.m , the time on my clock is 12:47 p.m . What to do?? Also can we turn the minute hand counterclockwise to adjust or is it only one way?
Can we increase the chiming volume?
The weights don't drop evenly. They are not on silent or night off, still it happens.
Is it OK to stop the clock if we have to take the pendulum out for cleaning or other purpose.
If you have the time , plus kindly reply to my queries. It saves a lot of time and money. Thanking you so much.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

Hi, If your clock is running 2 minutes fast you can adjust the minute hand both ways to match the correct time but if the clock itself is running fast you can turn the nut on the bottom of the pendulum to the left to lower the bob to adjust the speed lower runs slower raising runs faster. to increase the volume of the chimes the hammers should be all at 1/8" above the chime rods if not you can slightly bend the hammer arms to get them all at 1/8" at rest. yes it is OK to take the pendulum off for cleaning. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That's all very helpful. Thank you so much for your time and valuable advice. Take care!
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

Hi, Your Welcome. Thanks Mike