Chris R.
Chris R., Computer Tech
Experience:  BSBA CIS, A+ Certified
70521640

Im trying to copy from the hard drive to a dvd-r disc. It

I'm trying to copy from the hard drive to a dvd-r disc. It comes up with a screen saying please insert a suitable disc. There is a suitable disc inserted. And I have copied 100's of times before. It will copy on to a blu ray disc. Please Help
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Chris R. replied 4 years ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX and I would be happy to assist you today.

It sounds like the disc you inserted is either already used, defective, or it does not have enough capacity for the amount of files you are trying to burn to it. A blu ray has a much much larger capacity. Please verify the total size of all the files you are trying to burn. DVD-R can hold 4.7 Gigs of data.

Check into the things I mentioned and let me know if you still need assistance. If you no longer need assistance please rate my service OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT so that I get credit for helping you today. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No the discs are fine. There is nothing recorded on them. I don't even get to the screen were you add the programmes you want to copy. When I put a disc in to record onto I would normally get a screen saying copy or play, this is'nt coming up either, except when I put a blu ray disc in. The machine is a Panasonic DMR- BWT 800
Ken
Expert:  Chris R. replied 4 years ago.
Kenneth,

I apologize, I thought you were asking a question about computer hardware or an optical drive that is attached to your computer. I am not familiar with this device. I recommend that you close this question and repost in the consumer electronics category.