Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

My WLAN and LAN lights on my Siemens SE572 router are continually

Customer Question

My WLAN and LAN lights on my Siemens SE572 router are continually flashing and I can get no internet connection at all either on the main computer or my laptop. I have tried turning it off and onvloads of times - it just tries to load and gets nowhere! Help!
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I have seen this very same problem a good hundred or so times.

Unplug all cables to the router, turn it off and on. Do the lights all still come on? If so, that means the internal hub in the router has failed and you must replace the router.

If the lights do not all come back on, that means that one of the cables that you had plugged in is causing the problem. In this case, you must plug one cable in at a time, turn the router on and off, so that you can discover which cable has gone bad.

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit/Ok or click the Accept button.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you again,
- Jason