Dr Technology
Dr Technology, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I am an experienced industry expert who loves his technology and loves to bring smiles to the faces of those who use technology.
68101561

I have a touch pad Yestrday there was no life in the machine.

I have a touch pad Yestrday there was no life in the machine. I have charged the pad but still no life. Where in greater Manchester U K can I get a opinion on Please reply to [email protected] or telephone uk XXXXXXXXXXX

Regards eddie penfold
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

I can assist you with this Eddie

Can you tell me the model of the touch pad please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hewlett Packard touch pad. designed in U.S.A and made in China FCCEO no other markings

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

I would like you to do this as the first step please.

Disconnect the charger cable and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds, then release.

Once done, connect the charging cable, and try to turn on the Touchpad.

Let me know if it now comes on please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no sign of life!

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

It is the internal power supply that has faulted.

Residual power can cause this, but we have ruled this out now. I have seen this issue on the Life Pad a few times.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unite to have it replaced. It is a known problem, and is covered by the warranty, with the replacement performed at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Dr Technology replied 3 years ago.

Please follow the guides here on HP's support site

I had the same problem with another clients touchpad and it solved the problem

http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb/na/deviceselector/page_en.html
Experience: I am an experienced industry expert who loves his technology and loves to bring smiles to the faces of those who use technology.