Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My wifi on my laptop stopped working yesterday and i cant get

My wifi on my laptop stopped working yesterday and i cant get it to turn on again so i am having to use the yellow to plug into my router anyway you can help
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me the make and model of the computer, the version of windows you are running, and the error you get when you try to turn on Wifi?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Elitebook 6930p

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

you missed two of the questions I asked, which is important for me to know please.

Can you tell me the version of windows you are running, and the error you get when you try to turn on Wifi?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Windows vista,The error i get is its saying wireless capability is turned off yet i was using it on Saturday and it just stopped working

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Click start, type in ncpa.cpl

press enter

Right click on wireless network connection and select Enable to turn it on.

Does it then turn on Patricia?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, what error did you get when you did this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

iTS TELLING ME I AM CONNECTED TO TALK-TALK BUT HAVE NO WIFI CONNECTION

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
The wireless?

If it says your connected to the wireless, how do you know you do not have a wifi connection?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no its says im connected to talk-talk but underneath it says no wireless connection but it showing on my router it is connected to wi fi just my laptop is not connected to wifi my tablet is and my printer is also

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok..

Do on the problem Laptop, click start, type in ncpa.cpl

Press enter, then right click the Wireless network connection (that we enabled before) and click Connect.

Click on your wireless network and connect to it.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

WINDOWS DIAGNOSTICS Turn on wireless capability,this can be done by using a switch usually found on the front or side of the computer or a function key combination i dont see any switches

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, we did enable it, so it should be on.

But the button is under the screen, right of the power button and just above the F5 key.

Press it then try to connect.

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well done

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Great!

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.