Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067
Computer Hardware

It keeps telling me cant find my router

It keeps telling me can't... Show More
It keeps telling me can't find my router
Category: Computer Hardware
Show Less
Richard, Computer Engineer
replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Has it worked before and just stopped working?

Or this has never worked for the Youview box?

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
It just stopped working
Richard, Computer Engineer replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Michael

Remove the power from the Youview Box and your wifi router and wait 10 minutes.

Then connect the power to the wifi router and wait 5 minutes for it to start

Then power on the Youview box and tell me if it can now connect please.

Let me know the results please
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Hi Richard. Still not working. It keeps saying disconnected
Thanks Michael

We now need to rule out the firmware on the Youview as the cause of this, via a reset.

Reset restores your YouView box to its original factory settings (the way it was when you bought it). This will delete all your recordings, and put all settings back to their default values. You won't be able to get these back. You'll also need to go through the setup process again.

This we cannot avoid.

On the Youview, press the YouView button on your remote control and go to Settings > Device Management > Reset YouView Box. Choose ‘Yes’ and you’ll get a warning message. Press OK to continue, or Back to cancel. If you choose to reset, your set top box will restart and once this is complete, all your recordings and settings will have been removed, and the setup wizard will begin automatically.

Set it up again and tell me if it will now see the router and connect to it please

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Hi Richard. Still not working

What is the make and model of your wireless router Michael?

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Hussei hg533

We need to know rule out the Router as the issue (the firmware on it)

To do this we need to reset it, so after we do, you will need to set it up again like you did when you first received it.

To do the reset, on the router is a reset button. You may need a paperclip and hold in the reset button while it is on, for 10 seconds, then release.

Once done wait 5 minutes, then set up the router again like you first did when receiving it (if you did nothing and it just worked when you received it, then you wont need to do anything).

Then see if the Youview can connect to it.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Still no luck Richard
Thanks Michael

It is the internal wireless antenna on the Youview box that has faulted

We have ruled out everything else that can cause this problem.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Will I have to get in touch with talk talk or can you do that for me?
You have to sorry Michael.

Its for Privacy and security protocols.

But when you contact them tell them we

reset the youview,

reset the router

removed residue power from the youview

This way your time is not wasted doing this again (they just read from scripts and tell you what to do) and they can get straight to replacing it.

Let me know if you need anything else please.