Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Intel Technology Provider
63083622

I have a problem with my wireless Microsoft Mouse. For some

Customer Question

I have a problem with my wireless Microsoft Mouse. For some reason, the (cursor?) keeps freezing and I have to put the mouse briefly back on its rest. This seems to happen disregarding what light there is on the mouse. I seem to have to change batteries constantly and it does get very frustrating. I am a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to computer jargon, so may need talking through any remedy you might have for this. Do you think it is the case that I will need to replace the mouse ... or is it that it might not be talking to the computer properly!!
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Wes replied 3 years ago.
Wes :

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please favorite or bookmark this page press CTRL+D, so you can return here if we get disconnected. Funny you mention this because we've been having problems in my office with a Microsoft Ergonomic mouse that is showing the same issue you are describing. It can only be resolved by unplugging the USB adapter and plugging it back in. My suspicion is that one of two things are going on here... there's a problem with the driver on the computer... or the mouse/adapter is just getting old. In our case the mouse is probably 6+ years old.

Customer:

Many thanks - I will try what you suggest. Mine is also an Ergonomic mouse but it is only a few years old.

Wes :

Sounds like it's a problem with that model then

Wes :

Short of replacing it, I don't know if going through reloading drivers will be worth the time involved. We can go through that if you like.

Customer:

been using lots of new batteries, but think I might go down the replacement route - at least I know I am not the only one with the problem!

Customer:

Wes :

Sounds like the best and least frustrating idea. Good luck, and make sure you click a smiley on your way out.