michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Science(Hons)
26798893

I have a Lexmark printer model no s600. I am having problems

I have a Lexmark printer model no s600. I am having problems finding black ink 100xl
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  michelleclive replied 3 years ago.
michelleclive :

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem finding black ink for your printer, i will try my best to resolve the problem at the earliest.

michelleclive :

What is the model number of the Lexmark printer?

Customer:

S 600

michelleclive :

since how long are you using the compatible cartridges on this printer?

Customer:

I HAVE NEVER USED THE CARTIDGE AS MY COMPUTER WONT ACCEOPT IT.

michelleclive :

how old is the printer?

Customer:

I AM UNSURE AS I BOUGHT IT IN A SALE A WHILE AGO.

michelleclive :

ok it means this is the first time you are trying to install new cartridges and use the printer for the first time is that correct?

michelleclive :

i need to know few more things about the printer before i identify the problem and let you know the solution.

Customer:

yES THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE TRIED TO USE A COMPATIBLE CARTRIDGE .

Customer:

I HAVVE USED Lexmark INK UTILL THIS TIME

michelleclive :

I would suggest you to return all compatible cartridges from the store you got because if you try to install the compatible cartridges which does not have sensor chip installed on it as in genuine Lexmark cartridges have. Normally what happens is when we throw out original Lexmark cartridges when the ink is over these cartridges are collected and the are refilled and resold in the market as compatible cartridges however these chip installed or which is inbuilt in the cartridges have a time of life like date is printed in the memory chip and is compatible for 2 years only if the cartridge looks brand new and it has a older chip in it then it will not be recognized by the printer and it will refuse to accept.

michelleclive :

I hope now you can make out the difference between the original cartridges and compatible ones.

michelleclive :

To order genuine cartridges you can click on the link and order a set of genuine ones.

michelleclive :

I see you are trying to rate my service. is there anything else i may assist you with.

michelleclive :

If you have any question feel free to ask.

Customer:

II UNDERSTAND THIS BUT INEED TO KNOW HOW TO GET A CARTRIDGE WHICH WILL WORK ON MY MACHINE. I HAVE LOOKED ON THE INTERNET AND THE COMPANIES THERE SEEMONLY TO OFFER THE WRONG TYPE.

michelleclive :

I have attached a link above that is the genuine Lexmark supplies you can order from.

michelleclive :

Click here: http://www.lexmark.com/US/en/catalog/product.jsp?catId=cat170003&go=tab-inktoner&prodId=5370#supplies

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and hit submit and ok button to close this.

michelleclive :

If you have more question feel free to ask and i will answer you further.

michelleclive :

For 4 Lexmark Interact S605 Original Printer Ink Cartridges - Cyan / Magenta / Yellow / Black- Standard Capacity

michelleclive :

before we let go the compatible cartridges i would like to know that did you remove the protective tape from the cartridges before installing them.

Customer:

tHANKYOU.

michelleclive :

It was a pleasure to assist you and thank you for using our service.

Customer:

I am in England U.K. The company you gave me is American and so not of use to me. Is there any one in England?

michelleclive :

i have attached a second link which is Amazon UK

michelleclive :

Let me know if you find any problem in locating the second link i have attached for Amazon UK.